addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Is is beautiful and love the bridge. A lot of people put rocks in their pond some can keep them clean, some remove them. They do get stinky if get full of debris, but just brush them good every so often, maybe even vacuum them off if you can will help.

If you do a total clean out job, don't over wash the algae off that makes you start over with the new pond syndrome.

Reaction score
Thanks, Keith and Addy! Yeah, about the algae....... got it sparkling clean and wham, just came right back! I do want to keep some of it, but it was getting seriously covered with thick brownish green stuff (but there weren't any fish to speak of at that time). Now it seems to be better, and the broom and skim net helps if I do a little at a time; just sweep it off and it floats right up. Just a bit of work. :D

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Well if you ever get tired of it, pull the little rocks, the big boulders which look wonderful sticking out of the water would be fine to leave. Without rocks you would have more water for your fish, but rock does look neat, but does disappear without cleaning it lol

I absolutely love those big boulders coming out of the water!

Ask a Question