Pond equipment

fresia1999

Fresia
Reaction score
I am hoping to start ordering my pond equipment sometime next week. I am thinking about going through a discount provider who sells all the different brands and buying all my equipment from them. I want to get with someone who will verbally talk to me on the phone when questions arise. What company would be best for this. I was wondering about Pondliner.com, etc.

waynefrcan

19 years ponding and hopefully 4 more!
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
I really like the SAvio line of waterfall bio falls and skimmer boxes if that's the way you are going. Can't help with a dealer as I bought all my goods locally.

waynefrcan

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
They not the cheap ones though. Mid range. Well maybe now August some deals to be had?

waynefrcan

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
I have 2 of these. Anyone not familiar with these, the pump sits inside this and sucks the water through the opening along the surface. That is skimming.

http://www.pondsonli...product_id=2819

If you're doing rocks on bottom and sides, a skimmer will reduce pond waste at bottom 85-95%.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
wow thats expensive ,more than I paid for my whole pond
I have 2 of these. Anyone not familiar with these, the pump sits inside this and sucks the water through the opening along the surface. That is skimming.

http://www.pondsonli...product_id=2819

If you're doing rocks on bottom and sides, a skimmer will reduce pond waste at bottom 85-95%.

waynefrcan

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
That online price can be beat I'm sure. I bought mine locally for $450-$500 range.

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I have the savio skimmer with 16" faceplate, it works pretty well, however I caution you on the size pump that you will be using. My pump is an external that I use with the skimmer and it is the only place I draw water from the pond, the pump is a 7200 gph. If there is a lot of debris in the skimmer the water level in the back of the skimmer will become very low b/c not enough water is making it to the inlet pipe. Sometime you will have to empty it twice a day, depending on how many trees are in your yard or how much debris blows into the pond.

waynefrcan

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
That exact model? I'm pretty sure that skimmer/faceplate is rated to a 5,000 GPH pump max. Check the supplier. These things are designed to be low maint., not twice a day pain in the %#% lol.

Ask a Question