Pond has a leak

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I was getting my pond ready for the winter. I notice in the summer that I had a small leak, I assumed it was from my waterfall and worked on sealing the side, however now that the pump is off the water level haws gone down. I added water to bring it back but it has gone down. I am fairly certain that the leak is on the sides, once I see that no more water is going I should know that the leak is at that level. Is there a spray or something that I can paint on that is safe for the fish. On the water fall I used that spray foam, wondering if that will work. I plan to wait until spring do apply it as it too cold now. The pond is small 750 gallons 3.5' deep 8' long and about 3', Can't wait for spring. thanks

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
I do not think you can use foam, you would have to use the double sided EPDM tape I presume, that they use for seaming liners together and it is also advertised for leaks, still have to drop the water level though and apply I think. Though I don't know, I think I remember reading someone here using some sort of glue that works underwater.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
You can buy a patch kit if the leak is small. Works best on a puncture vs a tear.
a TEAR IS TRICKY rubber is a pain and squre corners as welll as a tear can migrate quickly. your almost better off cutting the tear into a circle and then infill it witha piece and seam over if all

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I 💯 agree with that. For anyone who’s ever done any mending of clothing it’s the same thing - a hole is far easier to deal with than a tear.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I 💯 agree with that. For anyone who’s ever done any mending of clothing it’s the same thing - a hole is far easier to deal with than a tear.
I also agree but the hard part of this hole is to find it? might have to wait for spring

Ask a Question