Pond Heat - Indoor 3500 gallon

Reaction score
Country
United States
We just added a 3500 gallon pond in our general store but we would like to heat it and hold a steady temperature of 72-76 degrees. Will a pool heater work? It says it has titanium inerds and not sure about other metals. Any help is appreciated. OR if anyone has a better less expensive way other than an inline heater or heat exhanger?

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
bugwelcome1.gif
@AquaRob
If it's inside your store doesn't it get heated by whatever heats your store? If you need it warmer for tropical fish than a floating trough type heater would prolly work.

JRS

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Welcome to the forum. What kind of fish? Ambient room temperature?

Reaction score
Country
United States
We just added a 3500 gallon pond in our general store but we would like to heat it and hold a steady temperature of 72-76 degrees. Will a pool heater work? It says it has titanium inerds and not sure about other metals. Any help is appreciated. OR if anyone has a better less expensive way other than an inline heater or heat exhanger?

Welcome to the forum!
Contact Ket Wallace at: https://www.livingwatersolutions.com/about-us.html
I am sure he can advise you.
Please let us know the outcome.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hello and welcome! I was wondering what you mean be “general store.” Is the store not insulated well? And what kind of fish are you planning to have? If goldfish, they don’t need that tight of a temp range.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
If you do use3 something like a tungsten probe in the water you'll want to make it so the fish can touch it . some species aren't so bright

Ask a Question