Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
http://cdn.intechopen.com/pdfs-wm/33625.pdf

If using stainless steel, then I would also be careful about allowing chloride reaching too high or (if necessary) do small doses over a period of time...

Although, depending on your stainless steel grade, can take a large amount of chloride to have an impact on the stainless steel and the fish would be constantly changing these chloride levels, but, still should be something to think about when deciding how much chloride to use to treat the fish as a preventative against significant nitrite accumulation.... easy fix, build a water system that does not allow nitrites to accumulate in the first place...
PS The grading I used in the reservoirs is 18-8

crsublette

coyotes call me Charles
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
I have well-water and some serious filtering so no chloride but the grade of stainless I use is intended for use in aileron and elevator repairs so it is designed to survive some pretty crazy environments including going from 70 F to -25 F in about 4 minutes ;)

High chloride is moreso a result of the operator decision rather than filtering choice.

Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
High chloride is moreso a result of the operator decision rather than filtering choice.
I know, thats what I meant. My water quality and filtering is why I don't add chloride as there is no need for it.

Ask a Question