Poorly Koi Carp

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Nukawin said:
I tried joining a Koi forum before and my request was ignored. I was a member of Pet Forums.co.uk for a while too, but after the death of my dog, I left.

I did join to try and get help for my Koi, but I was too late. I want to avoid loosing anymore so I'll stick around and try to learn much more than what I already know.
Lesson one) A wise ld koi keeper said become a keeper of water before becoming a keeper of koi , do you know that is the best advice we can give to a person, after you have leaned that the ret is easy but then comes lesson Two
Lesson two ) Always QT your koi for a month in a seperate pond or tank for one month.;learn to look at dealers fish if there is a thing out of place in that vat then dont buy as much as your tempted too if you dont and you disrigard this advice then you'll loose fish.
Lesson Three) Always feed your koi a good qaulity of food , not the cheap stuff either it has to have the nutrition to help your koi survive.
Lesson four ) Always learn to read your koi , you may have picked up on your koi's problem sooner enabling it to survive.
Lesson Five ) Pond maintenance and regular water changes are a must, skip this and your fish may die.
Lesson Six ) In hot weather add via airstones more air to the system , it will help your koi survive .
Lesson six) Find and koin a koi club in your area (this can help you no end), people are more than willing like us to teach you to beconme a successful koi keeper.
Lesson Seven) Read as many books as you can on the subject then put into use what you learn.
Lesson Eight ) Always ask questions if your unsure..

These lessons should put you in good stead as a koi keeper , there are many other lessons to learn but first go through the basics until your sure you are comfortable as to what you have learned, then we can move onto the more advanced side of koi keeping .

rgrds

Dave

Ask a Question