Pump Recommendations

Reaction score
Country
United States
We have a big pond (unclear how many gallons since it came with the house we bought), and currently has an external pump. I believe it's a Maxpro (not sure what model). It's running but doesn't seem to put out a lot of water like it used to. I was told that we might need a new pump. I'm looking for recommendations of certain brands to look into or if there's a specific model i should buy. Budget $500-$1000. Local installer recommended Sequence 7800PRM24 but I wonder if I should be looking at other brands/models?

Last edited:

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
1588696027592.gif
@rugby1111
I use Laguna pumps but they are submersible's. Not sure if they make external's. They've been good to me and they are not power hogs.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hello and welcome! I can’t give you any help with this as I use a submerged pump.

But please, tell us a little about your pond, and we love pictures!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Hi and welcome. Are you looking at getting a self priming pump? I have an external pump and need to make sure the check valve is properly working for the pump to work efficiently and I think self priming might be easier. I think the thing is to check the watts of the pump and the output and make sure it is energy efficient. Usually you can get a good external pump in the price range you mentioned. You need to estimate the head to make sure the pump does what you want it to do. Good luck!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Sequence pumps are well built. Mine has been running for five years. You can also search for a place that services water pumps to have them take a look at it. It may just need a few cheap parts replaced to restore it to full working capacity. External pumps shouldn't need total replacing if they still run. I'm currently looking for a service provider near me and I'll update if I learn anything.

Ask a Question