Rebuilding a pond, tips on bog filter?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Instead of rolling the edges outward roll them inward that way the fabric is rolled inward and will not wick on those low edges
Unless it's on one side which I've not paid much attention cause its sort of inaccessible, it couldn't be wicking anymore, on the other 3 sides. But I'll wait and wait, if it ever does go below that measured water level I had in March when I first had a waterfall leak then I'll go ahead and remove the waterfall rocks to check.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Had like 80-90 gallons of rain for the pond, was raining day and night. Bog seems to be working, I feed sometimes and don't really see algae blooms as I did. Should have bought a bigger flow rate pump for a better waterfall when I did but oh well, makes enough so you can hear it and it aerates the water. But I guess with bog filters the more time water's in bog the better. I think I can still enlarge the hole and get a better waterfall but too much pressure I feel I might break the silicone seal around the spillway.

Ask a Question