REMOVING HUGE PAPYRUS

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
ARE YOU ACTUALY TALKING COMMUN SENCE you can't do that ....

You know my common sense moments are few and far between. But seeing how easy the young folks make things look has me regretting many hours spent working way too hard. "Work smarter - not harder" is my motto for 2022. Way easier to make the money to pay someone else to do it sometimes!

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have the 30,000 gal pool to pond conversion. I am starting out with only 5 koi and 4 gold fish so not a heavy bio burden. I also placed several plants along the edge of the pond before winter set in however they are dormant now. Even though the water is clear when in a clear glass, the pond has a green tinge. What is the safest beneficial biological treatment?

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The moral of the story is: keep your pond plants in check at all times. Never ever turn your back on them. They will defeat you.
lmao no kidding! I do purge yanks all of the time, chop chop chop and toss

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I have the 30,000 gal pool to pond conversion. I am starting out with only 5 koi and 4 gold fish so not a heavy bio burden. I also placed several plants along the edge of the pond before winter set in however they are dormant now. Even though the water is clear when in a clear glass, the pond has a green tinge. What is the safest beneficial biological treatment?

don't use any chems; plants are your friend, so get more floating plants! Or, think about bog filtration (no maintenance except for thinning plants every now and then!) as the plants will out compete the free floating algae.

smiley-windy-Xsml.gif

Last edited:
Reaction score
Showcase(s):

I'd suggest you start a new thread with your question to get more answers - you posted in a thread that's about a separate topic.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
So the question is just how to remove the huge mass of mud and roots that are stuck to the bottom of the pond (liner) without tearing the liner..... ideas?
Tie a rope with a slip knot around the base of tge plant wrap the rope around the mass a few times and a second slip knot. Tie other end to a tractor and tug Gently at first go back and wiggle the roots if not using a garden hose to separate the dirt from the roots tug a little more with the tractor or car/truck keep going at it back and forth
Thanks-- good idea but not an option as this is a backyard pond with no access to tractor or car......

Abe

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4B-5A
Country
Canada
Endless tenacious pruning of any green growth might shrink the root ball over time. long time.

Ask a Question