Sail Cloths @ Costco

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
@pecan , we were just discussing sail cloths the other day! I bought this sail cloth @ Costco today and they're priced at $16.89 thru April 17th, $3.00 off the regular price. They come in three colors and are ready to hang, with three 16 ft. ropes pre attached.

We lost a couple trees in the storm a week ago and are interested in providing shade to my pond.

IMG_0511.JPG

Last edited:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
that is a great buy because that size online sells for 29.99 onsale

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I hung one a couple of years ago at my sisters and it is tricky but the best thing I tried was putting springs on the ends that attach to the eye bolts .Hers is over her grill and side deck and lucky she called me because her hubby just wanted to screw it into the fascia board on the house and it needs to be screwed into the framing behind the fascia .The springs give it some leeway to move more freely .I guess I did OK because it is still up and she left it up this past winter and it got snow on it but the springs allowed it to some room for movement so it did not rip .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
I hung one a couple of years ago at my sisters and it is tricky but the best thing I tried was putting springs on the ends that attach to the eye bolts .Hers is over her grill and side deck and lucky she called me because her hubby just wanted to screw it into the fascia board on the house and it needs to be screwed into the framing behind the fascia .The springs give it some leeway to move more freely .I guess I did OK because it is still up and she left it up this past winter and it got snow on it but the springs allowed it to some room for movement so it did not rip .

Thanks @sissy , for the spring idea! I'm thinking we're going to have to put some timbers up, as we've lost the trees.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I used pipes for my sisters in the front part and the other part is connected to her house .The a pipe have to cemented in the ground at an angle outward from the sail .You can use 4x4's also at an angle ,I had to use a pipe because she has a cement patio that starts out from below the deck and to get the angle right I had limited space to work .

JBailey

Jack of all trades; master of some
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
We finally bought one the other day and hung it on two sides with short hard black rubber bungees and one side with the rope to a piece of 1.5" metal conduit we slammed in like a T post. The conduit is 10ft, so gets the sail up nice and high over the dog kennel.
We will def be buying more shade sails/cloth.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
Well, ours is still not up, as we lost two trees. I have it folded in half and over a corner of the pond, tied to some low fencing. I'd love to see pictures of your installation @JBailey :)

Ask a Question