Salutations

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
I am starting a pond rebuild. well not a redo more of a rip out and put in a new. The "ponds" I have taken over are 3 cattle tubs that will be replaced with a dedicated koi pond with a very shallow wild life edge. it will be 6-8 thousand gallons and bog filter and will all be DIY.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Hey is that you fishlips that I used to know from another forum?
Anyways:
1664561398586.gif
@fishlips

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Welcome to the forum!

A lot of us only filter with a bog, wetland filter, upflow filter whatever you want to call it.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hello and welcome. That is a huge pond, and your choice of using a bog as filtration is a good one! Do you have any plans drawn out yet? Would love to see what you are going to build.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Mmathis I don't have any plans drawn the few things that are for almost sure is the middle of the pond will be 15"ish feet round with a bottom drain/skimmer combo (I know the combo can be bad) I am hopping using a invisible edge in to the skimmer will give me the control I need. Then into a leaf box/sieve that will hold 3-4 small pumps that I already own each at about 660gph. Then I was thinking about putting a vortex deep in my bog not a plastic tub or anything just a open space like a settling tank so the heavy stuffs drops out into a cone cut in the dirt with liner with a 4" drain in the bottom. That way I can flush my vortex and bog at the same time as needed. No large rocks/boulders this is more function over form pond. Not that I am making just a big hole with fish, I will put in a ledge for lily's. A shallow edge for frogs/tadpoles. Also going to use all native plants from the river my property run adjacent to.

opps I think I just what ramble sorry

Thanks for all the love
fishlips

Ask a Question