Settlement/filter question

Reaction score
I'm building my second pond but unlike my last yard I have serious space restrictions and am also digging next to trees. Last pond I ran my bottom drain to a settlement pond. It wasn't hooked to a pump I just dumped it occasionally (had plenty of room) and used it for plants.

This time I would like to run it to a settlement chamber but because of limited space and trying to save money by using what I have I am wondering if I can make a settlement/skippy waterfall filter combo? Is this even possible? I have a 110 gallon stock tank I can just squeeze into a corner but because of the trees have no other space so it is either a settlement tank or a stock tank filter. Also to use the stock tank I will have to have the waterfall come off the side of the tank, not the middle where have seen most made. I'm thinking bulkhead and spout instead of waterfall weir and hide everything with rocks. It is a tuff stuff tank. I have a rubbermade 150 too but it won't fit the space I have.

Thanks for any feedback!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Wish I could help, I am sure someone that uses them will chime in.

Ask a Question