clay 1.jpg
    343.7 KB · Views: 222
  • clay 2.jpg
    clay 2.jpg
    338.9 KB · Views: 231
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Wow you will have earned that pond for sure with all that hard work.

And wouldn't you think I'd be all buff and sleek? Heck no! When I started the dry creek 9 years ago, I ended up firm and strong and with great arms and abs. Now at almost 50, the fluff will not leave. I could lift rocks and dig holes all day, and would still be squishy. Oh well. It is good padding in case I fall in a hole again. :woot:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
You think hammering your foot is bad get stuck under the liner .:LOL:Only way I could get liner in myself was to get under it and then could not remember which way i was facing to get out by the waterfall pond .It was darn dark under there ..Liner was 22 3/4 x27 and a little over that .I wrote it down when I measured it after rolling it out on the lawn .Not sure why it was cut bigger than I ordered .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
You think hammering your foot is bad get stuck under the liner .:LOL:Only way I could get liner in myself was to get under it and then could not remember which way i was facing to get out by the waterfall pond .It was darn dark under there ..Liner was 22 3/4 x27 and a little over that .I wrote it down when I measured it after rolling it out on the lawn .Not sure why it was cut bigger than I ordered .
I'm sort of claustrophobic! I think I would have freaked out a little! I always figure I'd better hope no one is secretly videotaping me when I work outside. I'm like an episode of America's Funniest Home Videos -- crossed with a fashion montage from The People Of Wal Mart. It's not pretty!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Think how I felt .When I finally got out I looked around to see if any one saw .Not sure who would have seen it since I am up on a hill with no neighbors nearby ,but I still looked .Which was even dumber :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a ish!
Country
United Kingdom
Women rule eh? I've been lifting over 500 brick paviors today, cleaned and all ready to be put back after I've raised a sunken area of my yard to make it level again :) My arms and hands ache as I've had them for 63yrs, lol!
Your pond is progressing well, keep up the good work!
To hopefully encourage you, here's my pond that I dug out while my late d/h was at work during the daytime back in summer 1989. It's around 12x11x2.5 and I've got 28 fish. There's 2 huge Ghost Koi, goldies, yellows, shubunkins, blue and large golden orfe, comets and sarasas!
image.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Women rule eh? I've been lifting over 500 brick paviors today, cleaned and all ready to be put back after I've raised a sunken area of my yard to make it level again :) My arms and hands ache as I've had them for 63yrs, lol!
Your pond is progressing well, keep up the good work!
To hopefully encourage you, here's my pond that I dug out while my late d/h was at work during the daytime back in summer 1989. It's around 12x11x2.5 and I've got 28 fish. There's 2 huge Ghost Koi, goldies, yellows, shubunkins, blue and large golden orfe, comets and sarasas! View attachment 94879

Gorgeous!!!!!!! Look at those big fishies!
You are going along great with your paver work! I am convinced that having projects and doing what physical work we can, as long as we can, will keep us young (ish) and healthy! I am reminding myself that lifting big rocks will help build bone density, too! :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Here is a fun photo for inspiration! I have been devouring all of The Pond Digger's videos! This is him and his two helpers, working to build the waterfall area, with the help of a pet baby goat!!!!
goat.png

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I have actually talked to Eric on the phone several times and the goat billie jean goes to work at the pond store sitting on the front seat of his wife's car .He is one funny guy .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
I have actually talked to Eric on the phone several times and the goat billie jean goes to work at the pond store sitting on the front seat of his wife's car .He is one funny guy .
I love knowing that!!!!!
He emailed me in answer to a question I had and just seems like a very nice person!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
lol funny

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Goodjob bags looking great ) be careful keep cellphone around if ur alone , did u try to water this ground few hours before diging it may get easy?
Yes, in fact I use the jet hose to "dig" around the clay deposits sometimes. Water is my friend, for sure.

Cell phone and home phone both! I am totally paranoid about stuff like that (which, given my lack of coordination and grace, is probably a good thing!)

I ORDERED MY POND KIT TODAY! I am so stinkin' excited!!!!!!!! When the stuff gets here, we can place the waterfall filter and plumbing -- then I get to dig, dig, DIG!

Ask a Question