Slugs

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Any idea on what to do with slugs eating plants? Some they don't care at all about, but some they make a snack out of. One was literally eaten to the root 2-3 weeks ago, one which put on some new growth recently is being cut down... Pesticides I clearly can't use but perhaps around the pond?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Hand pick them off. I have seen the same but with white caterpillars who are due to show up soon They munch the blue iris. A pair of sisors fixes that problem

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Hand pick them off. I have seen the same but with white caterpillars who are due to show up soon They munch the blue iris. A pair of sisors fixes that problem
Also, do you have any experience with Marsh Marigolds? I guess in full shade I can't grow them, can I? I have one that has grown leaves but it doesn't look like it's thriving, it's had like 5 leaves and branches since April or late March.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Any idea on what to do with slugs eating plants? Some they don't care at all about, but some they make a snack out of. One was literally eaten to the root 2-3 weeks ago, one which put on some new growth recently is being cut down... Pesticides I clearly can't use but perhaps around the pond?
Slugs love beer, so much that they crawl into the dish and get drunk and die but it's a sweet death
Cow_Drunk1.gif

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
AT FIRST I THOUGHT YOU WERE MAKING FUNNY.... so thats why we call stupid drunks slugos
Yep it's true and we have a lot of them here. I don't bother w/them, just let them do their thing. We don't have a lot of stuff that they like on our property. They are big and juicy here.

slug49.gif

Ask a Question