j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I like spiders and snakes! Love the way spiders tickle your arms when they walk on them..........it's quite relaxing

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I don't really mind either snakes or spiders. I don't kill them unless they are poisonous. Don't spray the house for spiders, as the cats really enjoy playing them LOL.

I used to play with garder snakes back when I was a little booger eater. Got bit several times and didn't mind it so much.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
j.w said:
I like spiders and snakes! Love the way spiders tickle your arms when they walk on them..........it's quite relaxing
ohhhhhhhhhhhh that gave me shivers! I can not stand running into their webs, do like to watch them see them, but stay off my bod.

pecan said:
I don't really mind either snakes or spiders. I don't kill them unless they are poisonous. Don't spray the house for spiders, as the cats really enjoy playing them LOL.

I used to play with garder snakes back when I was a little booger eater. Got bit several times and didn't mind it so much.
I used to be a girl scout, I would catch snakes and innocently..............lol ............ show them to the other little girls that would run screaming

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
LoL addy we would have been great pals running around scaring all the other girls :biggrin:
I did that to my neighbor across the street when I caught a mole by the scruff of his neck. Made her look in the bucket at it running around in circles. She cringed and squawked for awhile but after she looked at it she thought it was kind of cute! She doesn't like anything creepy or crawly or flying bugs or bees and I like them all

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
The only thing I really mind are yellow jackets, I hate em! I wish I could annihilate them all! They are aggressive and I am allergic. I run and they chase me! They are the worst!!!

Bees of all shapes and sizes don't bother me, in fact our yard is FULL of them and they are the most docile bees I have ever seen. I think they are so overwhelmed by all the flowers they are too distracted to think about being mean. I even rescue the ones that fall in the water.

The yellow jackets on the other hand, it is my mission to kill as many as possible.

Neo

Nick
Reaction score
I have only found one snake in my pond in all the years I've had it. I'm not a big fan of them but I let them stay around as long as they leave me alone. It's kind of strange, I've only seen two snakes this year both in early spring and they were tiny. A couple years ago I was finding snakes at least once a week but they were big 6 foot long black rat snakes, those I do not like to share my yard with!

pecan said:
The only thing I really mind are yellow jackets, I hate em! I wish I could annihilate them all! They are aggressive and I am allergic. I run and they chase me! They are the worst!!!

Bees of all shapes and sizes don't bother me, in fact our yard is FULL of them and they are the most docile bees I have ever seen. I think they are so overwhelmed by all the flowers they are too distracted to think about being mean. I even rescue the ones that fall in the water.

The yellow jackets on the other hand, it is my mission to kill as many as possible.
We have those and red wasps all around the pond and they are mean! I can hardly work in there anymore because there is always at least 2 in there getting drinks.

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Since our incident with yellow jackets 2 years ago, we have not had a problem. Haven't even seen one this year. We did get rid of the humming bird feeders as we were attracting the yellow jackets with them. Of course it could be the large amount of Seven dust and wasp & hornet spray that the nest got soaked with after the ER trip!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I watch for yellow jackets, have not seen any this year. None hanging out around the pond. Do have those brown wasps, they make the paper nests, tend to be solitary and eat a ton of grubs. I have read they actually tend to leave people alone if they are left alone. Last year got stung around 15 times. I keep benadryl on hand
I have never seen them hanging around the hummingbird feeders.

But last fall I wiped out two nests, of yellow jackets, one right next to the pond, jumped up and down on the dirt, squished the dirt down, wiped out their exit. The other nest, along the farm fence, took my tractor and dumped a load of dirt over the nest. If I spot a ground nest it gets a load of dirt dumped on it.

The carnivorous plants snack on yellow jackets, found a lot of bodies in the tubes when I cut them back in the fall.

Reaction score
Desoto, Texas (Dallas County) North Texas, Zone 8a
Showcase(s):
I hate snakes. Any and all. Aliive or dead. Had a snake chase me. Tryed to get in my Armmy sleeping bag in the desert. Found curled up under a brush and count while bass fishing. As a child discovered a rattle snake climbing our screen door. Saw a bed of water mocassoins by a bridge frame. I hate snakes.

About 6' rat snake. Length verified by Texas State Park Range.

Attachments

• DSC_0132.JPG
    DSC_0132.JPG
    55.4 KB · Views: 224
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Love snakes. I used to breed and sell Australian pythons. Had a about 30-150 snakes in my collection for better than 30 years. You fear what you don't know. Amazing creatures.IMG_0007.JPG IMG_0019.JPG IMG_0015.JPG IMG_0014.JPG

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
This is a 5 year old thread, I personally like snakes.

Ask a Question