So, what do/did you do?

Reaction score
Im the CAD (computer aided design) manager at an engineering company. We design and build stainless steel fabrications for high heat or corrosive environments for all types of industries. I could help out people here with possibly creating 3d models and drawings. I use a 3d design program called SolidWorks.

Reaction score
I'm a Telecommunications Engineer. Specialize in large data center design and construction management.

Reaction score
I am a Quality Analyst for Caterpillar Inc. The plant I work in assembles the Small Front End Wheel Loader and the Backhoe Loader.

Reaction score
im a student studying civil and coastal engineering by day, by night im a live entertainment technician - sound lights AV electrics etc etc, engineering bands and dj's, installing and maintaining equipment, basicly making venues loud and fun - also a licenced doorman but dont do much of it as it bores me, and am a full time alchy at my local real ale pub.

The pond is a little something for me to do at home, always had a family garden pond, keeps me happy and gives me something to do on a warm summers day, relaxing watching the fish bumble about with trickling water in the background.

Currently sat watching 24 CCTV cameras of a 1400 person venue with about 150 people in.... pretty damn bored!!

Reaction score
I am a maintenance mechanic for a sterilizing company we use radiation to sterilize med. stuff and spices all kinds of things. I keep all equipment running and anything on the 17 acre lot. And no i dont glow and its not like Homer Simpson's job lol. Im kind of like a jack of all trades master of none.

Reaction score
Have a degree in Chemistry, working now as a Envrionemental Engineer for Panasonic Avionics, making sure all of our products are Green and meet various environmental regualtions.

Reaction score
I started a marketing and business development company back in 1993. I have been working on it and growing the company. I am very persistent(slow) LOL!!! Still working on my dream house by the
ocean( in my mind) and of course I will not give up on my goal of my Asian water garden until I get it just right. It is making me scream at the clouds( rained before I was ready and leaveling the pavers over folded EPDM 45mm LOL) Oh well back to the drawing board....oooommmmm.

Reaction score
truck driver here 20 plus years must have driven every inch of the emerald isle by now lol

Reaction score
Artworker, started when it was a craft using pens inks and hard learned skills. Now do it on a Mac, a lot easier but not so satisfying.

I spend to much time watching football, soccer as you Americans call it.

Dug and filled my first pond last autumn and put fish in it a few weeks ago after clearing the green water. My 7 year old daughter has loves them and is trying to name all 9 of them.

Reaction score
I need 5 posts in order to post links in the thread I'm trying to make so I'll list my occupations separately if that's alright...

I started out as a freelance photographer but that never really got me much income

Then I started printing and selling postcards to stores around the state as well as out of state, which made me slightly more money but still wasn't enough to pay the bills

After that I worked for a local cafe for a few years until they went out of business in early '09 due to the bad economy

And now I'm a salesman for a printer company. Not the most enthralling job but it pays the bills.

Reaction score
I am a 12 volt technician, fancy word for a car audio installer. Ive been working at the same small business since I was 16, I turn 30 next month. Over the last 3 years business has picked up to the point where its crazy busy, and its weird in this economy, but im not complaining.

Using fiberglass, 2 part expanding foam, plastic molding, and woodworking on a day to day basis, im now finding myself seeing ponding as a gateway to be creative in a whole other way.

I dont make much money but ive learned to make due with what I do have and I am able to let my wife stay at home with my now 3 year old son. He is crazy about the pond (or puddle compared to some of you guys) and loves to watch the fish eat, and is my inspireation behind the bigger build.

So if you have a radio not working, broken remote start, or are planning on getting one, let me know and I will help you all that I can. Pms go to email, email goes to phone so I can answer rather quickly.

Ask a Question