Solar aerator or fountain pump

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi,
I have a 30 gallon barrel pond and need to aerate it with a solar pump. I purchased one from a fish pond store made by Lewisia and it lasted about 4 months. I do not have a power source out by the pond so do need solar. I have been looking at a Aquajet fountain pumps that have at least a 1 year warranty. The person at the solar company said it works well for shallow ponds. If anyone has any good solar pump experience I would love it if you would share your info. Thanks!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
My Dad just purchased a pump and solar panel kit from a company called Solariver. It was not cheap, but seems to be very good quality. He was able to speak with someone there to discuss the size he needed. We just installed a little pond and waterfall and it worked great. He got a kit with a battery that can store some of the solar energy. The battery powered the pump with a little less "oomph." When the sun shined bright on the solar panel, though, it seemed to have a lot of power.

Ask a Question