Latest water quality test after doubts over viability of the solar pump set up to my water fall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I managed to get 2 samples analysed this am after taking one from the first few pints cascading from my solar powered waterfall and one from mid depth in the pond itself.
To my ashtonisment the aquatic assistant told me that the waterfall sample was "spot on", "just how it should be" After I'd said go on tell me it's not fit to have fish in it!!
It was a card strip test and I don't know the maker of it. I didn't expect all to be normal from the hanging water over night, unless I over did it with a few pints instead of just the 1. Oxygen ✔️amonia ✔️nitrate ✔️nitrite I think ✔️will go back n ask, pH ✔️ Don't know how accurate this sort of test is but it cost me £1 sterling 50p each, both identical so they can't be that accurate surely %;<}

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I managed to get 2 samples analysed this am after taking one from the first few pints cascading from my solar powered waterfall and one from mid depth in the pond itself.
To my ashtonisment the aquatic assistant told me that the waterfall sample was "spot on", "just how it should be" After I'd said go on tell me it's not fit to have fish in it!!
It was a card strip test and I don't know the maker of it. I didn't expect all to be normal from the hanging water over night, unless I over did it with a few pints instead of just the 1. Oxygen ✔️amonia ✔️nitrate ✔️nitrite I think ✔️will go back n ask, pH ✔️ Don't know how accurate this sort of test is but it cost me £1 sterling 50p each, both identical so they can't be that accurate surely %;<}oh n chlorine ✔️

IMG_20210720_151611.jpg

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi gazza, if you want to get correct results you need to get a water test kit for yourself its worth it in the long run get one with re-agents and not dip strips, when people post test results and say "they are fine" doesnt help us help you actual numbers or pictures of test results need to be shown, API test kits are very good ( i use colombo proffesional)hope this helps cheers mark

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi gazza, if you want to get correct results you need to get a water test kit for yourself its worth it in the long run get one with re-agents and not dip strips, when people post test results and say "they are fine" doesnt help us help you actual numbers or pictures of test results need to be shown, API test kits are very good ( i use colombo proffesional)hope this helps cheers mark
Cheers Mark, I'll checkout the kits, I'm getting the satisfaction out of achieving the eco balance of me pond more than a glance of the growing tiddlers I fetched in from a local park pond 4 months ago.
2 or 3wks ago I think I completed the task of relocating the last of the sticklebacks that had spawned in the pond and by painstakingly netting all the nooks and crannies, the pond was left extremely cloudy with all the agitation. So much so, I was conserned for health of the remaining tiddlers from the park lake. These fish stopped surface feeding and I was fearing the worst.
I treated the water with a modest amount per volume of blagdon clear pond and it worked well better than the two previous attempts in which I may have overestimated the pond volume.
Pond is starting to murk up again but very slowly and the fish are still not surface feeding 3wks on, but they have grown somewhat and must have gotten the benefit of the bug larve agitated from the pond sides and bottom, I need to put a couple of goldies in I reckon or these tiddlers will remain bottom feeders and milk up the pond if not shown how to surface feed or too late ja think

Ask a Question