solar water pumps

Reaction score
Hi
anyone have any recommendations or opinions on solar water pumps. I know there is alot if info on the web just looking for first hand experiences
Thanks

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
I have experience with a 24v solar pump for cattle trough water. They are great for topping up water, but for around the clock use I would consider it a novelty item. Not really useful for rigorous pond water circulation.
What did you want the solar pump to accomplish?

Reaction score
I have experience with a 24v solar pump for cattle trough water. They are great for topping up water, but for around the clock use I would consider it a novelty item. Not really useful for rigorous pond water circulation.
What did you want the solar pump to accomplish?
I have a pond a distance from my house and was thinking of making a small water fall on the edge don't want to run power that far. was wondering about different brands of solar kits it doesn't matter if not running all the time

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
I got my solar pump setup from a local farm supply store. It was expensive, as I remember, but it depends on how much water you want to pump.
The pump I have is very reliable. The batteries and electrical connections would be the weak spot. Solar panels are maintenance free.

Ask a Question