j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
This dog was really cute and loved to surf! He lives there in Waikiki and comes often to the Waikiki pier.

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
NEAT PICS! Thanks for sharing JW! Those pics make me want to go back so bad. There is so much to see, I want to visit Kodama Koi farm. I've been watching some youtube video's and looking at their home site, it's hard to imagine so many things to do and see isolated in such a small part of the world!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I feel like I just went to Hawaii on a vacation after those pics .Also it was 80 degrees here today and sunny finally went out and got some yard work done .Chickens you could have had homemade soup .bot sure I would have taken a dip there with that sign there

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Sissy to answer your question about the Kona coffee, sorry I'm not a coffee-aholic like my hubby. And the sign was not at the falls, it was on a trail to another falls. Just thought I'd throw it in there to show it is prevalent there. I saw the sign after I swam in the falls pool and if I knew then what I know now I too would have chose not to swim in it.

Larkin there is way too much stuff to do crammed onto one island. We went to Pearl Harbor, Dole PIneapple factory, Waimea Valley park, Diamond Head, lots and lots of beaches, rented a car for 7 days and drove around the whole island, hiked for many miles to see Monk seals, rented bikes for 2 days, swam in the ocean w/ boogie board, ate wayyyyyyyyyyy too much good food, got up super early for my liking and stayed up late....................had a great time w/ relatives and new friends.

If any of you ever go there I recommend Giovanni's Shrimp Truck............it's got shrimp cooked in garlic to die for among other items! Our shuttle driver told us about it and he was sooooooooooooo right on about how good it was!

Attachments

• 188.JPG
    188.JPG
    67.5 KB · Views: 195
  • 189.JPG
    189.JPG
    83.1 KB · Views: 198
  • 196.JPG
    196.JPG
    80.2 KB · Views: 197
  • 448.JPG
    448.JPG
    47.6 KB · Views: 262
  • 449.JPG
    449.JPG
    57.7 KB · Views: 222
  • 450.JPG
    450.JPG
    50.9 KB · Views: 244
  • 452.JPG
    452.JPG
    68.2 KB · Views: 200
  • 455.JPG
    455.JPG
    74 KB · Views: 252
  • 166.JPG
    166.JPG
    57.5 KB · Views: 213
  • 164.JPG
    164.JPG
    63.9 KB · Views: 230

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Love that dragon fly statue in the water..........love all the pictures. Thanks so much for sharing. I was there way back in 82.....no since. So glad you had a great trip, good memories while it is cold this winter.

Great pictures jw! thanks for sharing your trip with us.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Looks and sounds like you had an amazing time! I'm very jealous!! Glad you had fun, and nice to have you back :)

Reaction score
wow some really amazing pictures you have shared there JW, looks like you had a great time, couldnt help but notice on one or the pics of the ponds and fish the water looks very green, what where you doing mooching about in the undergrowth JW ? looking for wildlife ! lol, glad you shared the pics,
hey sissy i get imported kona coffee over here in uk, i buy it off the internet, yes it is nice coffee, expensive !!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
That very green pond was up at the Dole Pineapple factory and it was rather sad looking to me. The water was very green and soupy looking and there was a very large obvious half carcass of a fish floating near the huge bunch of live ones. Other than that the other ponds I viewed in Oahu were quite nice and fish looking healthy. We did go on a few hikes looking for wildlife. We were lucky enough to spot a couple endangered Monk Seals laying on the rocks in a protected area and oh yes saw Moor Hens at Waimea Valley park.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I wonder if the people at the dole factory know the condition of the pond .If they do that is sad

Ask a Question