addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Can you vacuum it? I don't recall how deep your pond is. If you have a good wet dry vac it will suck it right out. I put mine on a power strip so I can flip it off when moving to a different area of the pond, use my toe lol. (It just works on my little ponds, the 8x8x2 or so size) my big pond, it does not have enough suck power.

Reaction score
The "microbelift sa" is the sludge remover. It is also a live bacteria that eats the sludge and should clean the water up. The regular microbe lift is what seeds the bio-filter, however in your case, mine as well, the shade prevents the bio-filter from working properly and leaving us with the nasty brown sludge. By using the sludge away or organic digester it should both remove the sludge and get your bio-filter up to par.

Hope this helps,

Kyle

Reaction score
I vacuumed it about 3 weeks ago (possibly a month ago). What happened was I bought that Mibrobelift dirt to plant my plants in, and after rinsing the dirt before putting them in the pond, I forgot to top off the pots with rocks. Needless to say the koi had a field day - I had orangeish dirt all over the bottom of my pond. So I vacuumed it all out with a wet vac. Took all the plants back out, covered the top with rocks, and back in they went.

I started to vacuum the sides of the pond but I really don't have a good attachment for the wet vac that will do the job. So I decided to leave it alone. Maybe I'll go to Home Depot and see if I can find an attachment for it.

BTW - my pond is 20x8x3 (2 feet in some areas - it's an odd shaped pond, so it's also not 8 feet wide in all areas)

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Good luck..................darn plant digging koi lol

rdk

Reaction score
Use Microbelif sludge away- One small water change, once a week. At least 10%. Do not skip a week on the water change. This should help. RDK

Reaction score
Just want to thank everyone for their help. My pond is now crystal clear! The culprits was the filter. There was so much muck in it that the bio media wasn't even moving around. I dumped it, cleaned it out, cleaned the pump again, waterfall filter, and wet vacced the sides of the pond. I can finally see bottom again and I just thrilled! Just in time for my big Father's Day party tomorrow!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Yeah for you! Glad it worked out...................

hand_applause.gif

Reaction score
Thx! And today was even clearer! I mean, the water looked like I could drink it! Lot's of nice comments from people at my party today! Feels so good when the water's clean!

Ask a Question