addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
He never saw what bit him, they are thinking spider.

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
They didn't get the screening for it. they have the sample but they had to send the sample off to another facility. The cost was pretty expensive so we elected to treat as general. Once they cut it out they sent it off but it's been improving since then so I decided to not have done since that would be considered elective if I have the test done now and I'll have to pay for that test out of pocket. With no insect to show what bites they can't treat for specific toxin anyway. Looks much better now though, and not nearly as sore.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Glad to hear fishin, those can be nasty infections. A lot of people wait until to long to get it treated.

I had a 1/8 inch cut with some metal once, cleaned it, stuck a bandaid on and ended up with cellulitis and blood poisoning by the next day. Heavy duty antibiotics to stop it.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Never had anything like that happen to me and I hope I never do. Good to hear you are healing nicely Larkin.
addy I sometimes watch that show on t.v about real E.R patients and that cellulitis stuff is nothing to mess with. I have to cover my eyes and peek between my fingers sometimes while watching that show!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Never had anything like that happen to me and I hope I never do. Good to hear you are healing nicely Larkin.
addy I sometimes watch that show on t.v about real E.R patients and that cellulitis stuff is nothing to mess with. I have to cover my eyes and peek between my fingers sometimes while watching that show!

so does honey, I have seen so much, the only thing that really gets to me is burns.............

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Larkin, Wow that sounds rough, Glad you are feeling better. A couple years ago a moth flew in my ear and decided to stay there. Had to go to the emergency room and the receptionists were all smirking because they thought it was so funny. The doctor offered to give it to me as a souvenir after she extracted it, but I turned it down.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Man Kieth did it do any damage or if it didn't could it have? Never heard of that happening. I suppose it could have laid eggs or something. And if they would have hatched in there............oh I don't want to think about that one. Just got a shiver up and down my spine!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
They poured something down my ear that killed it and removed the whole thing intact with a tweezer. The funny thing is we were visiting someone and just as we got to their door the moth decided it liked my ear. They had another guest that was very religious and as I was in the bathroom going crazy he was yelling through the door that I should pray. It was quite bizarre. My wife and daughter thought it was quite funny. A moth flew in my wife's ear less than a year later at Nordstroms one day when she was shopping and she had to go to the doctor also. Yes I was very happy to get it out. It felt funny and you could feel it moving. Egg laying would have made it much worse. That thought crossed my mind too!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Oh my did your wife think it was funny when it was in her ear? What's w/ these moth's wanting in our ears. Is this a common thing or do they pick out certain ear types? Guess we need little ear screens for our ears. Bet peeps w/ hairy ears don't have the problem, lol.

Ask a Question