spiders

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I spent 3 hours at the gym and then came home and flooded the house with a full gallon of bug killer! Hubby didn't believe me until I showed him the tile floor in the entrance. 50+ spiders per square foot!

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Now have huge nursery web spiders at both ponds. I thought they were brown recluse! Seems they are harmless but at 1 1/2"-2" they are scary!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
No lie, while traveling with a friend across the country in my early years we actually had to stop the car because of a massive, very massive Taranula crossing the highway. We watched in awe as this huge hairy creature crept across the road. It was much bigger than my outstretched hand.
You should see them during migration! I was camping near a lake, in arizona desert, beautiful full moon, I feel something touching my face, wakes me from a dead sleep.

WELL it was a tarantula, one on my face, two on body, one on legs. I woke up the entire group screaming! The ground was covered with them. We slept in a closed up hot truck the rest of the night, left the next day.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
@bettasngoldfish We saw the movie "Antman" over the w/end, and I just KNEW I was going to have nightmares [I hate, hate, hate, HATE fire ants!!!!], but it hasn't happened yet. Maybe it's because the ants as used in the movie were the good guys instead of being cold, vicious killers, and my ant-phobic subconscious was able to process that. "Antman" was a good movie, BTW!

Reaction score
Desoto, Texas (Dallas County) North Texas, Zone 8a
Showcase(s):
Spider.JPG

Reaction score
Country
United States
@bettasngoldfish We saw the movie "Antman" over the w/end, and I just KNEW I was going to have nightmares [I hate, hate, hate, HATE fire ants!!!!], but it hasn't happened yet. Maybe it's because the ants as used in the movie were the good guys instead of being cold, vicious killers, and my ant-phobic subconscious was able to process that. "Antman" was a good movie, BTW!

I'm a big horror movie fan but not so much insect related movies. I will check it out though.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I'm a big horror movie fan but not so much insect related movies. I will check it out though.
It's not a horror movie -- it's in the Marvel Avengers Universe -- Iron Man, Wolverine, Capt. America [my favorite!], Thor...... so it's not really an "insect" movie, either. It's a SUPER HERO movie! :)

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
It's not a horror movie -- it's in the Marvel Avengers Universe -- Iron Man, Wolverine, Capt. America [my favorite!], Thor...... so it's not really an "insect" movie, either. It's a SUPER HERO movie! :)

Ask a Question