Spring/Pond Build

Reaction score
This is for my waterfall project. I want a peaceful sounding falls for normal operations but also want Niagara falls when I want for additional show. I’m thinking it will also assist on washing out the stream and falls of debris and leaves. If I go with two pumps I want to have it designed into the system correctly. I will most likely start with only one pump in the system and then later add the second.

Waterfall is at about 7'-8' high and the start of the stream is about 15'. Total length the stream and waterfall is about 50'. Lots of head = $$$ on electric bills so I don't want to be running a huge volume all the time. This system will be tied into an X10 automation system so I can operated and control it all from my Iphone.

Reaction score
My girls absolutely love to play around the pond and catch stuff. A few days ago my oldest told me she has been seeing lizards in the pond. She caught a few to show me and sure enough they are baby mud puppies. I had seen them but at a glance I was thinking they were a different type of tadpole but, when I looked closely they have four little legs and the lungs behind the neck. I had them in the pond last year but thought I might of killed them from draining and digging out more of the pond. Glad to know they made it and wonder how big momma is. I'll try and take a picture of one but, here is a link about them. Interesting read, I didn't know they got their name because they bark like a dog.

http://animals.nationalgeographic.com/animals/amphibians/mudpuppy.html

Reaction score
Here is a not a very good picture showing the whole pond. Still a long way to go.

Attachments

• IMG_1012.jpg
    IMG_1012.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 245
Reaction score
That is correct, no liner on this one. This is a mud pond but, when its all said and done it will have filtration. Trying something thats is a bit out of the norm.

Reaction score
Started the plumbing for the main clean out. 110' of 4" PVC at 6' depth. This main clean out/drain pipe will be for various items including gutter lines, Bog/anoxic filter that feeds the creek/falls, and a future liner pond that will be in the center of my driveway turnaround at the top of the hill. All will drain into the mud pond but, I will have a 50 gal mechanical filter before the pond with bottom drain to remove solids away from the pond.

Once I get all this completed I will be working on the hardscape around the falls and start the fire pit patio build.

Making progress.:lol:

Attachments

• IMG_1015.jpg
    IMG_1015.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 248
  • IMG_1016.jpg
    IMG_1016.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 180
Reaction score
So much for my clear water. These koi are nothing but trouble. Is this what you call Ippin Koi?

Attachments

• IMG_1021.jpg
    IMG_1021.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 235

Ask a Question