Short tour of my pond in early spring

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Just thought I'd share since so many on this forum have helped me as a newer pond owner. This will be our third summer with the pond and we are just amazed at how much joy and harmony it can bring to your yard. Here's a short video tour of our pond as spring takes hold.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8A
Country
United States
Just thought I'd share since so many on this forum have helped me as a newer pond owner. This will be our third summer with the pond and we are just amazed at how much joy and harmony it can bring to your yard. Here's a short video tour of our pond as spring takes hold.

Wow! That is the most beautiful pond I have ever seen. Just amazing!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I think you nailed it @Jetz1138 ! BEAUTIFUL POND!

How many gallons is your pond? I love the fish swimming in the shallow areas - so cool!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
The total gallons in the system is about 5,000 and the deepest part is 32". I also like it when the fish swim in the sallow streams. I really like to do the landscaping part of it, but trying to learn as much as I can about the pond eco system and fish care. This forum has helped us tremendously. There's always something new that pops up.

cas

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Oh my, that is absolutely beautiful! Love the pond, rocks and all the landscaping!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
@Jetz1138 - where in Northern IL are you located? There's a pond store near me that does a tour every August of ponds, both their builds and DIY ponds. You should get on the tour! (So I can come and see it in person! haha!)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
wow, from beginning to end, incredible oasis you have there

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
@Jetz1138 - where in Northern IL are you located? There's a pond store near me that does a tour every August of ponds, both their builds and DIY ponds. You should get on the tour! (So I can come and see it in person! haha!)

Hi Lisak1, I'm located in Prospect Heights. Send me a PM on the pond store near you. I'd like to know. Rob

Ask a Question