Strawberry Pot Trickle Tower Filter or Other Options

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Sunshine, the frog bowl is just way too cute, love it!!

Just did a little research and my hose pot is a no go.

So I'm thinkint about a stawberry pot or just a large clay pot, but I might do a clay pot since I can have some plants in it too.... the thing is, I'll have to buy another pump, small ... with quite a long cord... any idea where I can find one?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Sunshine, the frog bowl is just way too cute, love it!!

Just did a little research and my hose pot is a no go.

So I'm thinkint about a stawberry pot or just a large clay pot, but I might do a clay pot since I can have some plants in it too.... the thing is, I'll have to buy another pump, small ... with quite a long cord... any idea where I can find one?

You can google water garden pumps and look at their specs to see how long their cords are. I have used outdoor extension cords before.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
lol my husband forbid me to use the extension cord so we build the outlet close to the pond but I want the pump to be in a different place than my old pump so the cord have to be longer than the old one. I looked at some of the pump but mostly 5 feet long cord, I would need longer or I'll have to connect another outlet, which is doable but a pain ;)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Pecan, I only have a small pond and most of the small pump have shortish cord :( about 200-300 gph would be enough for a second pump for my pond.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Whow Sunshine, thanks!! how did you find that? I was looking for some last night and that one didnt come up! may be I was looking at the wrong thing lol. Thanks, that would be a great fit.. now I just need the pot ;)

I love how this forum give me great ideas all the time!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
You're welcome. I googled 300 gph pumps and read the specs on them. Most do have short cords. Hope you find that perfect pot.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Love these ideas, I need to put in a small filter for the deck pond. It only runs with the stream a few times a day. That pond is always overwhelmed with algae. Shallow, hot etc. My intention is a small plant / bog filter at this time, with just a real low flow pump.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We have a high head issue, over 100 feet. The pump is not the most power friendly. It pumps around 600 gph (not counting head pressure subtractions). The deck pond does decently with running it around 6 hours a day. We never get mosquitoes living in the water, I do around 2 hours at a time, am, mid day and evening. We have not had a overflow failure since I built it, but but but lol

The bit of string algae does not really bother me, just yank it out, and the tads just love it. We have resident frogs that have taken over the deck ponds and stream ponds. They love having no fish in them.

We end up with fish in the deck pond every summer, eggs or fry get sucked up and end up there. I fish them out and toss in the big pond for the winter. The cycle starts over the next summer.

Right now it is low on the list to get running, too much deer poo in the stream and munched plants to just turn it on. I need to do a strip cleaning of the stream bed. A lot of other higher priority items that need to be addressed first.

Ask a Question