The agony of housesitting a wretched pond

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6B
Doing some cat sitting for my uncle and his pond is a slop pit of death.

The water lilies look about 10 years old and are in the same pot they were in back when W was president. It was 8am and my back is injured and so help me, I just had to dig in there in my clean clothing and divide up those lilies anyway. Root bound doesn't begin to describe it. My husband is going to have to go up there and feed the cats so I don't lose an entire day on that puddle of nasty. Thankfully my uncle has no fish.

Pond ocd. I'm sitting here twitching.

And he's got a giant pleco in a tiny aquarium. I need a Zanax.

slakker

AKA Mike
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
u should divide up the plants and have a yard sale while h's away... or pull a Tom Sawyer and get people to come over and have fun cleaning up the pond (get to keep some stuff in the process)... Capitalism at work! LOL

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6B
I would love to renovate that pond while he's away!

But sadly for him I've already blown this summer's budget on my own pond, and it's only May. I'm sure *none* of you can relate. :p

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Glad you can find humor in your pain. Good work on your part Lar. Hope he will be pleased w/ his nice clean pond. Bet he won't keep it that way tho. Now you and your ocd will have to come and take care of it every few months cuz you won't be able to stop thinking about it :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahckt444

Latest Threads