j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Had to give it a listen,one of my faves!

Thanks @Jimmy Gibson brings back long ago memories
upload_2017-8-7_15-44-15.gif

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Had to give it a listen,one of my faves!

Thanks @Jimmy Gibson brings back long ago memories View attachment 103043
Unfortunately..... Or perhaps fortunately..... I can remember The Beatles the first time on the Ed Sullivan Show..... But what I remember most was my Dad raising "Hell" about that being on the show.... Of course I can remember my Dad doing the same thing when Kennedy got elected..... Gosh I am Old.... Lol

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
My hair was down to my butt then and my hubby's was almost that long. We had two young kids and life was good!

I remember that show and all the performers he had on it. The Doors were supposed to change the lyrics in Light My Fire from Higher to Better but they didn't do it. They sang it just the way they made it!

My mother hated Barry Mcguire. She said "We are not on the Eve of Destruction!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
My hair was down to my butt then and my hubby's was almost that long. We had two young kids and life was good!

I remember that show and all the performers he had on it. The Doors were supposed to change the lyrics in Light My Fire from Higher to Better but they didn't do it. They sang it just the way they made it!

My mother hated Barry Mcguire. She said "We are not on the Eve of Destruction!

Lol..... Sarah and I got married in 1974.... I was pretty much a wild child until 1977..... Then she informed me it was about time that I grew up...... Been doing "Pretty" good since....

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
We married in 1969 but you know how it was back in the 60's. We were living together in 1967 at age 18 for both of us. I don't know how we did it but we managed to stay together for all this time.

us.jpg

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Married in '72. I was 22, she was 2 1/2 months shy of 18. We'd been dating for two years. Her mother and step-father threw her out because I was German. (Mother-in-law was English.) Figured we might as well get married! 45 years next month! Where has the time gone?
John

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I think I may have some southern blood in me there somewhere as my dna testing results turn up w/ some roots form Oklahoma, Texas and Tennessee. Not sure who my father was but dna says Great G-father from Flynn's Lick, Jackson, Tennessee.

upload_2017-8-8_17-22-14.jpeg

Ask a Question