The Daily Joker.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I think I may have some southern blood in me there somewhere as my dna testing results turn up w/ some roots form Oklahoma, Texas and Tennessee. Not sure who my father was but dna says Great G-father from Flynn's Lick, Jack

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Flynn's Lick is in Jackson County Tn..... I live in Jackson Tn...... It's in West Tennessee..... Flynn's Lick is way up in East Tennessee...... That's where we send all our Rednecks to......just joking.... Jimmy

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
upload_2017-8-9_13-54-33.jpeg

upload_2017-8-9_13-54-58.gif

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
The Goldberg Brothers - The Inventors of the Automobile Air Conditioner

Here's a little fact for automotive buffs, or just to dazzle your friends.
The four Goldberg brothers,Lowell, Norman, Hiram, and Maxwell, invented and developed the first automobile air-conditioner. On July 17, 1946 , the temperature in Detroit was 97 F degrees.

The four brothers walked into old man Henry Ford's office and sweet-talked his secretary into telling him that four gentlemen were there with the most exciting innovation in the auto industry since the electric starter.

Henry was curious and invited them into his office.

They refused and instead asked that he come out to the parking lot to their car.

They persuaded him to get into the car, which was about 130 F degrees inside, turned on the air conditioner, and cooled the car off almost immediately.

The old man got very excited and invited them back to the office, where he offered them $3 million for the patent.

The brothers refused, saying they would settle for $2 million, but they wanted the recognition by having a label, 'The Goldberg Air-Conditioner,' on the dashboard of each car in which it was installed.

There was no way that Old man Ford was going to put the Goldberg's name on two million Fords.

They haggled back and forth for about two hours and finally agreed on $4 million and that just their first names would be shown.

And so to this day, all Ford air conditioners show --

Lo, Norm, Hi, and Max -- on the controls.

Ask a Question