The Good Banter Thread

Reaction score
Good thing you covered the pond, cause for sure that bird would otherwise eat all your pretty fish! The net should work ... Nice pond @mogsie
hey colleen i didnt just cover the pond i covered the whole garden 2 ft above my head. i seen it the other day standing in the field behind my house, likely trying to figure out if it can get in or not, havent seen it since. fingers crossed.

Reaction score
well the fishing line seems to be working, havent seen the heron back at my garden for a while. anyways i was at the garden center 2 months ago and they had some bright yellow comets for sale, i had never seen that colour before so i baught some, i have kept 3 of my baby fish from this year the twin tail and 2 others, i have teken them in the house for the winter in a big tank, and they have now changed colour to.... yes bright yellow. unbelievable. ah well looks like i will have a few yellows in the pond next summer. how is everybody, hope nobody on here has been affected by those fires i seen on the news

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Good to hear the line is working for ya. I was thinking when my net deteriorates on the top I would just leave the side netting that hangs down to the ground and just add the fish line across the top. The snow sticks to the netting and drags it down into the pond and then it rips. The fish line would not do that!
Neat you found some nice yellow fish. They will show up good out there in the pond.

The fires I know about here are just down in California. No where near us. I see it on the news and it's awful. That's what happens when you live in a very dry area surround by planted trees and brush. California was meant to be desert area and then people decided to make it into something different, bringing water in trying to make it look tropical!

Ask a Question