The most wonderful time of the year...

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
You can have Christmas... for me, this truly IS the most wonderful time of the year. I was out this morning scooping leaves out of the pond, pulling lily pots closer to the surface, doing some clean up in the bog, saying hello to the frogs who showed up for the home opener - I love to see the world come back to life in the spring!

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
It's pretty good, but I'd say the best time of the year for me is May-June, when more plants start filling in and blooming. I spent all day out by the pond today, though. Did some pond work. Not bad at all.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Totally agree, I love it. I really enjoy seeing the change from being for the most part dead after winter to this living thing with all the plant life in really a short time frame. The fish become more active, hummingbirds return. Just amazing. Simply the best feature of our yard.

MoonShadows

The Jam Man
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I always feel more alive when I know Spring is finally here for good. I love watching everything come back to life. Spent the whole afternoon working around the property doing some clean up yesterday and loved every minute of it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Yesterday afternoon, five of the six fish were out and about for a long time! Even when I was working out there. I talked to them, so hopefully they will continue to feel secure when people are outside by the pond. I'm wondering if the water is just finally warming up enough that they feel like getting out and swimming. They still didn't eat any of the food I tossed in. I think they are finding plenty to eat themselves.
Spring is very fun -- but for us in the south -- we have to contend with POLLEN. The world is yellow, yellow, yellow.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
but for us in the south -- we have to contend with POLLEN. The world is yellow, yellow, yellow.
We love pollen! feeds the brood! (bees) right now they are bringing in yellow, red, greenish, orange pollen

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
I wish I could send them some. Have you ever seen the news footage of the pollen clouds over Atlanta? One year, it was freaky. They did a time lapse shot and it was like someone shot off a huge cannon over the city, poofing out a giant cloud of yellow green.
It's almost done for the season, though!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We have plenty! Our cars turn colors usually yellow green this time of year.

Ask a Question