USDA 8a
Country
United States
easter15.gif

1096392tmlz6gb21d.gif

Reaction score
North-Eastcoaster with shovels for blizzards
koiguy1969 said:
I hope this doesnt upset anyone...but this is why as a Christian i wont call the holiday "easter".
http://www.christiananswers.net/q-eden/edn-t020.html
google the "origins of easter".... you'll find plenty of info

Koiguy, "Different strokes for different folks" surely applies here. The key here is to respect other guys' religious beliefs. For example, I don't celebrate Buddha's Birthday on April 8. Likewise, Christians of Jehovah's Witnesses do not celebrate Christmas on 12/25 nor Easter on 4/24 because they claim that holidays have "pagan origins". http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jehovah's_Witnesses . By the way, my sister-in-law and nephew-in-law are Buddhist & Jehovah's Witnesses respectfully, and we all respect each other's beliefs. God bless America for its freedom of religion :yikesu:!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I grew up in an amish family we did not celebrate these holidays either but when I married an Irishman and catholic at that I wanted my sons to celebrate them also and I love those holidays to this day .I thought it was great to have tree and lights in my home at Christmas and do the egg dyeing on Easter with my sons and dressing in green is a good thing no matter what you are .My sons were Christened in a Catholic church when they were born .As a child all we had was the rebirth of spring and the fall harvest festival and a few others ,I won't go into because they are hard to understand by some,my sons understand them .But I do think some of the holidays are over commercialized these days .But to all a happy safe weekend .True I judge no one as I am no better than anyone is what I grew up with

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Ya learn something everyday. I never heard that before Koiguy but it does make perfect sense according to scripture as I read. I am a Christian and not a Pagen and I suppose some will think we are nutty and over zealous when we feel we have to use certain words to emphasize our beliefs and praise unto or Lord. We as Christians are not to be ashamed to show people of the world how God teaches us to live and speak for His glorious plan. So I believe you are correct in saying Happy Resurrection Day my friend.

happyressurectionday.gif

Ask a Question