Show us your Christmas/Holiday decorations!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a
After Halloween someone asked what we do for Christmas and this is it!

We used (that means me) used to put up the old traditional lights around the windows but after the success with rope lights at halloween and the fact the little squirrel bastards kept eating through the regular lights I switched the rope ones for the windows.

Show us yours!

20181128_194150_zpsldia5v2q.jpg

20181128_194132_zpsmc9oev42.jpg

And of course...The trains!!!!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Love love love the trains! One of our boys has an LGB set that he's had since he was a child and now that he has kids of his own he's regaining his interest. We were just at a Train Fest with them a few weeks ago - so fun!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a
Love love love the trains! One of our boys has an LGB set that he's had since he was a child and now that he has kids of his own he's regaining his interest. We were just at a Train Fest with them a few weeks ago - so fun!

And everything is computerized now! I can run all the trains from an app on my phone from the smoke to the whistle to the bell but they have certainly gone up in price as well. The big boy engine the one on the outer track retails for 1800! :eek:

One of the coolest features now that I like is the synchronized chuffing of smoke with the sounds!

Last edited:

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Very cool Tex! I just found a free fake lighted Christmas tree on my bike ride home today. I think it moves around in a circle as it has some kind of swivel base. Will see when I plug it in. The people put a sign on it saying it works. You know how that goes tho.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Mine are pretty lame and low key but they add a little bit of the Christmas Spirit to my soul.

Here is that free tree I found while out riding my bike the other day and it does turn around nicely and all the lights worked:

IMG_8783.JPG

This little ceramic house lights up inside and I have a red bulb in there. The other night we were watching a Hill House haunted show and my husband looked over and said that house looks just like the Hill House burning up inside w/ghosts!

IMG_8775.JPG

You know I love snow so I have to love Snowmen:

IMG_8785.JPG

Santa's to amuse the little grand-daughter:

IMG_8786.JPG

I found this mop type santa several years ago in a free box at a garage sale:

IMG_8787.JPG

More santa's:

IMG_8788.JPG

Fake Poinsettia I haul out every year,lol:

IMG_8789.JPG

And of course the wreath on the front door welcoming those who visit. Sun actually came out early today to shine on it :

IMG_8790.JPG

So this is our Merry Little Christmas to all!

upload_2018-12-4_11-7-28.gif

Ask a Question