This may be really silly of me, but is this by chance water celery?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
This stuff is growing en-mass in the front flowerbed (the part of the yard I don't generally use/maintain). I got to thinking about it and it looks pretty similar to water celery. It would be silly of me to be buying more pond plants if I have one growing in the front yard I can just move. My front yard IS a bog half the summer. These might actually be bog plants growing up there. Can anyone identify this? (the variegated stuff that looks like water celery, not the random maple and beech trees growing in there)
20200714_190007.jpg
20200714_190028.jpg
20200714_190124.jpg

Also, I have lots of this stuff. I killed most of it in the back, but there's still all this out front, in the seasonal bog:
20200714_190217.jpg

I do plan to eventually take on the front yard's grossly overgrown flowerbeds, but have not considered them as a potential source for plants to put out back.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
My water celery is not variegated like what you've pictured....but maybe there are different kinds? My koi love to nibble on the water celery, it grows fast, but is easy to control if I need to thin it out.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
So no good then? I have yards and yards of it and it seems to be invasive after looking it up.

TheFishGuy

( Insert something funny )
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
4b or 5a
Country
United States
So no good then? I have yards and yards of it and it seems to be invasive after looking it up.
after looking it up it apprears that the plant needs good drainage, so probably not a pond plant :D

Ask a Question