To Pecan

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
If anyone wants any elephant ears let me know, I have a lot that I won't get to plant this year as I just have too many. They are the green ones.

Reaction score
Pecan just looked at the transformation, it is gorgeous! Did your hubby make the small red deck ??? I love how it nestles the pond and the plant life is spectacular in the pond and yard as well. Really enjoyed the entire pictorial process you have done!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Pecan just looked at the transformation, it is gorgeous! Did your hubby make the small red deck ??? I love how it nestles the pond and the plant life is spectacular in the pond and yard as well. Really enjoyed the entire pictorial process you have done!

We actually fought over who would build the deck LOL. We just used the cheapest wood we could buy, I drew out the plans, he cut the angles and I screwed it together (that was the part we fought over, we both like using power drills). Then I sanded and stained it. 2 people can lift it and move it easily so I did not sand and stain it by the pond.

Thanks for the kind comments :)

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Very beautiful pond and backyard. That is some transformation. Whenever your done with yours feel free to drop in and give me a few pointers in landscaping. LOL Hopefully one day we can get ours landscaped in. For now we are still fighting with getting this darn patio fixed.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I looked too Pecan and your property/pond and everything is lovely! Bet it was nice to get home and see it all again in it's glory :luxlove:

Reaction score
Absolutely beautiful!! Thank you to who ever started this thread, because I was just looking to ask about your floating oasis!! Brilliant! Can't wait to make one! Pecan, You should ( if you haven't already, sometimes I rant before I look lol ) start a DIY thread.
Oh and also, your bamboo garden? Do you have a barrier around the flower bed to keep it from invading? If so what have you used? We would love to use some bamboo, but where I want to put it I'm afraid it will invade my neighbors yard :(

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Absolutely beautiful!! Thank you to who ever started this thread, because I was just looking to ask about your floating oasis!! Brilliant! Can't wait to make one! Pecan, You should ( if you haven't already, sometimes I rant before I look lol ) start a DIY thread.
Oh and also, your bamboo garden? Do you have a barrier around the flower bed to keep it from invading? If so what have you used? We would love to use some bamboo, but where I want to put it I'm afraid it will invade my neighbors yard :(

Yes, I used a bamboo barrier around the entire perimeter. It's edge sticks up just on the inside of the border. I ordered the stuff made for that purpose from a bamboo website. It is super thick black plastic, 3 feet deep with a special bracket hooking the two ends together to make sure the boo doesn't squeeze through. This is the 3rd summer of the bamboo and I have already found runners that are touching the plastic. It is actualy pretty easy to maintain. Just get out there twice a year (July and October) to inspect the edge to make sure no boo is making a run for it. Chop off any runners that are. I also take a 2 foot long flat shovel blade and run it down in the ground just on the insde of the barrier all the way around each fall to cut any that have grown too close.

The bamboo is timber bamboo and should grow to be 20-40 feet tall once it hit's it's max height. I am really exicted! I think it will provide much needed shade and a great back drop to the pond.

Here are some pics of the barrier digging party. I offered my family and friends food and they all showed up with shovels :) we got it done in 6 hours.

DSCN0589.jpg

DSCN1627.jpg

After the install but before the border.

DSCN0602.jpg

Ask a Question