Trichodina

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone know anything about trichodina?

The guy who’s taking care of our fish has had an outbreak in his pond. He’s lost six fish, two of ours and four of his own. He had a vet out and it was ID’d as trich. It’s being treated, so it’s all in hand.

Our pond is nearly ready for the fish to go back in and so now I’m wondering about long-term care and observation. Is this something that is likely to recur or have long-lasting effects? Is there anything in particular that can be done to prevent an outbreak in our own pond?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Once our pond is up running and aged you can pre treat the the system with Microbe-Lift Broad Spectrum Disease Treatment and or Praziquantel powder, aka Prazi is a bitch to work with because it does not delute in water easily. I have dosed by using a nylon sack and tied it in a water stream. I have not personally used Microbe-lift.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Once our pond is up running and aged you can pre treat the the system with Microbe-Lift Broad Spectrum Disease Treatment and or Praziquantel powder, aka Prazi is a bitch to work with because it does not delute in water easily. I have dosed by using a nylon sack and tied it in a water stream. I have not personally used Microbe-lift.
Thank you so, so much! I looked and prazi doesn’t really seem to be available to the public in the U.K, but microbe-lift is available.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Prazi is beat diluted with vodka any non flavored vodka but even then it needs attention.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Miker

Latest Threads