use of dimilin for anchor worm?...

Reaction score
been reading up on treatment of anchorworm with dimilin, has anybody used this product,when would be the best time to use winter spring or does it matter.will it kill eggs of anchorworm if there are any in pond? thanks

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Anchor worms . The young are free swimming and borrow into the skin, go into the muscles and develop for several months before showing. They release eggs and die. The holes left behind are ugly and may become infected.
The anchor worm is too deeply imbedded to safely remove. Treatment can best be done with a 10 to 30 minute bath in 10 mg per liter of potassium permanganate. Or treat the whole tank with 2 mg per liter, but this method is messy and dyes the water.
Dimilin is dosed at 1 teaspoon per 1,000 gallons

Reaction score
I have read that the worm on the fish will die on its own ,but it most likely has laid eggs in pond , sounds like using the dimilin would be best bet, not sure on timing of this tho, to wait till water is warmer (cold here in RI) or go ahead and treat, was thinking of adding some salt to water too.

Ask a Question