Visit to New Orleans

Reaction score
My wife is an art teacher at East St John High School. She asked to come as a chaperon for her art class on their field trip to the New Orleans Museum of Art. I have some photos from there. After I left NOMA, I drove down Esplanade Ave. toward the French Quarter to visit American Aquatic gardens. I had a question about what turned out to be "BullsEye". I asked an employee of AAG if he knew the name of the lily. He did not know but said Rich has just arrived and proceeded to introduce me to Mr Sacher. Rich was kind enough to spend an hour and a half talking to me about waterlilies.

111116_IMG1.jpg

111116_IMG2.jpg

111116_IMG3.jpg

111116_IMG4.jpg

111116_IMG5.jpg

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Very pretty pix and I like how you captured that bee in the one picture.

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Cool pics Dan! FYI, I think I have a small vivip starting on my panama Pacific if you want to try and give it a shot. Give me a shout when you get a chance.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I like the sculpter ,I thought it was a bird on the first pic. but is that a lily growing on top of a lily ,because I see what looks like roots on the second to last pic .I think I like all of them .gosh is there fish in it I don't see any

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Wow! Now I want to drive down for a look!

Don't know anything [yet] about lilies, but those are some gorgeous plants. What is [are] the one with the "peppermint" colored leaves (green-red)? There were multiple pics, but don't know if they were same or different plants.

Ask a Question