addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Mine went away too addy, think it is Firefox. Had to add a dictionary add-on and yada, yada, yada, you know how it goes w/ these computers.

They are testing our ability to speel jw! ..............opps spell lol I know ff just had an update, must have messed it up

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I wanted a goat I think there cute ,I have farm near here that sells mini goats ,never knew there was such a thing .I would like to get chickens also .I like the sound of a rooster crowing
My wife would like to raise goats but the association will not allow it, thank goodness.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
laughing tmann, you are saved! We are in farm land can have any critter we want, no hoa. But we are gone to much to have critters to worry about. The fish are enough and of course my lil yorkie.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
We are in farm country too and today got mail from Dept of Agriculture forcing us under penalty of law to fill this thing out to say whether we have agriculture growing on our property. Anybody else ever get this? It's some kind of survey..............prolly some kind of new Obamanism junk!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Ha Ha maybe I should say we are growing fields of pot and see what happens,lol!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Are your taxes paid for residential or agricultural? They may be wanting to know if you are growing illegal crops...............jk lol

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Friend lost their farm status, they wanted to back tax them for 5 years and penalty. So they started farming again, i.e. some cows.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Here they just zone areas by numbers like mine is listed A-1 and the taxes are lower because we are not close enough to the city limits to change it .We just got a bad storm here thunder,lightening and heavy rain and now strong winds .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Yeah, I can just see JW raising some whacky tobacky!
JW, around here in IL, about 10 years ago, maybe longer, they sent around those surveys. My ex absolutely refused to fill it out. We had 40 acres, but only about 12 acres tillable. We raised hay, didn't sell any, just for ourselves. They wanted to know what we raised in crops, what animals we had, how many, etc. I figured they were trying to get a count of the animals, as that was when the hoof and mouth disease was going around (maybe it was more like 15 years ago) and the IL Dept of Ag had absolutely no idea how many animals people had! They all of a sudden figured they needed to know, just in case there was ever an outbreak like that. That's when they decided every owner of farm animals had to get them "tagged". It was a farm ID, everyone had to do it. Used to be you only had to tag your animals if you sold them, and the sale barn did that, so they could be tracked if carrying any type of disease. Our goats were show goats, had tattooes, and no way were we going to put a tag in their ears. We fought, and won, of course all other dairy show goat owners said the same thing. So, their tattoo was sufficient tag info. Maybe that's what they are looking for in your area. I doubt most will fill out the form. It said threat of prison if we didn't fill it out, but go figure. They are NOT going to fill the prisons with farmers who didn't fill out a stupid government form! Geesh!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Country, jw is busy hiding her crops right now, she will answer later ..............don't tell anybody..................

kougs

kougs
Reaction score
I'm thinking winter is going to be spring so what is spring going to be .I use the quilt batting only thing I found that gets rid of all the fine gunk and can be washed several times and then I leave it dry rip it up and birds take some and deer take the rest .I find soaking it in peroxide really helps kill the algae off ,every time i clean it I pour water in a barrel with peroxide soak it and then rinse it off and put it back in the filter .

So last night I added the quilt batting to my barrel filter. Shot, should have taken a picture of the water. Very dark when I get home from work.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
neat let us know how long it takes to clear up! good luck

Ask a Question