Warm water

oldmarine

Married 32 years
Reaction score
Just out of curiousity, I purchased one horsetail rush, one cat tail, and two more lilly starts from Home Depot. I followed the instructions and put them in my pond. The horsetail rush, and the cat tails are on the side of the pond in about eight inches of water. I'm sure it will be several weeks or more before I see any growth. The nights here are still in the high thirties and to mid forties, but my pond has a 400 watt heater to keep the pond at about fifty degrees around this time of the year.

Two years ago I stopped by a local marsh and pulled out a clump of horsetail rush that grows wild here. It did so well that the large pot I had it in, it became rootbound the first year. I never thought about potting one for my pond until now when I purchsed one from Home Depot. I really want to see if the one I bought and the many I now have that grows here locally are different in any way.

Anyone around the states have any luck with any of their local marsh plants?

Reaction score
I have used several from the local river and they actually did pretty good. Not sure what it was called but I like it and it is easy to keep under control.

Ask a Question