water lilly flower?

Reaction score
My lilies are doing good. They have been blooming non-stop all season. The hyacinths are healthy but scrawny. Usually by this time of year the hyacinths are multiplying like crazy and I'm having to compost them because they are taking over. I haven't had a single bloom this year either. I guessed it was the crazy weather we've been having here in Ontario.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
weve had some crazy weather here too in michigan 80*+ in the day and low 50*s at night a couple in the 40*s.. no flowers on the hiacynth but some are as tall as 15" above water surface. and a very lush darker green.

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
My water lillies have been flowering daily for several months.

I guess we will see if the newly added hyacinths are going to flower.

I have so many water lettuce that they pretty much choke out or cover up everything else.

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
stroppy said:
only place my plants are doing well is near the bridge where its shady ... others are drying up

Refresh our memory, what plants are you having trouble with in direct sunlight?

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
What I have found is that hyacinths love current. Can you place yours where there is water movement underneath?

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
put them in the top of your skippy filter for a week and see the difference!!!!!!!! like DD said they like the current and they get fresh nutrients before being dilluted in pond!!

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Koiguy is right!
When I placed some in the cascade of my waterfall from the bio filter, they got so big, they looked obscene and out of place. So unless you want monster hyacinth, pull them out before they grow very large. Cycle in some of the others from time to time.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
and make some floating planter rings to protect the roots when they go back in the pond if your fish find them a delicasie like mine do.

Ask a Question