Waterfall from natural granite feature

Reaction score
Country
United States
This is not the same application, but when I built my house I put a concrete sump in my fish room floor. To seal it I used flex seal to coat the concrete. I have a similar situation where I want to use a huge surface boulder to make a water feature, but I'm going to put a pond at the base. I know when I dig the soil in front of the surface boulder I'm going to hit the rest of the boulder underground. I will need to use a liner. To attach the liner to the boulder, I'm going to paint the flex seal to just above the water line and then stick the liner to the flex seal. I will then apply another layer of flex seal at the seam. As for the rock, I only have one minor crack. A local pond guy said the bigger issue is the rock absorbing the water. I live in sunny, hot AZ. I don't need the boulder wicking the water away. His suggestion was to use a clear liquid neoprene on the area where the water will flow over. The liquid neoprene would need to be reapplied every few years. This is a future project. Right now I'm focusing on a waterfall and pond build. I have thought about hiring a different pond builder that specializes in concrete ponds to build me a basin too. So I do have options.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
BlackWELCOMEcat.gif
@KenO

Ask a Question