way to many baby fish

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I wish! If I can ever get my pond finished, I'll be contacting you guys to ship me fish! I'd love 1-2 butterfly koi and shubinkins, maybe a few comets. I love long flowing fins.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have used a minnow trap previous years and it worked great. However, last years fish must have been smarter that previous years because I couldn't catch them all and now I have 10 extra that I don't need. @Tula , I also dread lowering the water level to try to catch them because I worry about the water quality for the bigger fish if I do that.

@catbird what a pretty pond and nice fish you have.

Bread for bait?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Oh my....don't even whisper that suggestion around hubby !! LOL
sounds sexist to me. IM OFFENED . YEAH YEAH I'll get in line with all the others screaming for justice .. jk

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
sounds sexist to me. IM OFFENED . YEAH YEAH I'll get in line with all the others screaming for justice .. jk
Ha ha.....my hubby is a good sport. He doesn't share my passion for pond life...yet is constantly dragged into "my" projects.......I dream them up and he makes them happen:) I do help.......but he does the lion's share.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Story is the same the characters change. Though i am the one who plants the flowers takes pictures of the flowers birds and Flutterby's all in a rough neck package. As the wife says i am a knight in tarnished armour

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Ha ha.....my hubby is a good sport. He doesn't share my passion for pond life...yet is constantly dragged into "my" projects.......I dream them up and he makes them happen:) I do help.......but he does the lion's share.
lol I dream up the projects and do them.

cas

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Bread for bait?

Believe it or not, I did not bait it with anything. But bread seems like a good idea! I just had to check the trap a lot before they found their way out.

Ask a Question