Marsh Gorilla
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
IMG_6229.jpeg
IMG_6231.jpeg
The rescue that rejuvenated my interest in my pond. My kids are into the cartoon Ladybug and decided they wanted to name our map turtle after a little turtle genie from the show, between that and my finding it funny having a map turtle with the name of a navigation app the name Waze stuck. I’ve only kept gulf coast and three-toed box turtles outdoors before and I’m finding this map turtle to have a similar interactive personality.

JRS

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Very cool. The 4 turtles I have are also from people who did not want them anymore. They get to vacation outside in tubs for the summer but have to winter indoors. 2 female red ear sliders, 1 male peninsula cooter and a female common musk.

JMJ

Marsh Gorilla
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
Your Waze is sweet!
I love turtle's, had them when a kid View attachment 162658
Thanks! Turtles have been the one animal that’s pulled me back into herp keeping through the years. My last was our local subspecies of diamondback terrapin in a tank that I also acquired as a rescue. I had attempted to move him to the pond a few years ago when I decided to take down my last tank and he decided it wasn’t for him and escaped. I found the spot where he had gotten out and fortified it before taking on the map turtle from my friend. Waze is the first water turtle I’ve seen that rivals my old terrapin with how pretty it is.
IMG_0173.jpeg
IMG_0178.jpeg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Noelia5838

Latest Threads