sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
If that is your bottom drain up on the skimmer that looks bigger than 2 inch on the flange coming out of it on the side and it's on the side your pipe is up in the bottom .Or it just looks bigger not sure.Never had a bottom drain so not sure could be I don't understand them ,damf lol

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
hope you don't have critters either give them easy access to your fishies

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Sissy, yep, the hubby dug it with his backhoe, there is no way we could have done this without it. The BD is 4 inches, we plan reduce it to 2 inches. We have an oppossum and a racoon that share my outside cat's supper, the old pond was much more shallow than this, we've never had any problem with animals, other than snakes.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
ok 1 credit lol the raccoon I 'm surprised by they usually go for ponds with fish maybe you got him spoiled with the cat food .Just hope he doesn't like fish on fridays .Don't know what oppums eat just that there fugly

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
aww sissy opossums are cute, unless they mess with your garbage. lol

Your pond is going to look great! riparks

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
we have one here and he has scared chit out of me a couple of times .I keep no garbage outside but my neighbors here keep there garbage so piled up it looks like a mountain .and now because of that we are getting more mice than ever .It takes a trailer and a truck to take it away .They don't care and they have 3 small children ,but then again they seem too not care about them either the 2 year old was up in the woods going the other day and I'm not going after him .The parents can't even speak english

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
The racoon and possum come up to the back door and look into the house, we have not tried to tame them. I have seen the cat lying on the porch and the possum eating his food.

Raining again, no pond work this afternoon, bummer.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
your storm is heading here maybe lol, so they say

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
storm headed here too all black over my house but sun is shining is that an omen I have been bad somehow

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
riparks said:
We are making progress. Got held up last week due to rain. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Are you going to reroute your down spouts from the house that are on both sides of your pond? If not you may get lots of rain water in and around it.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
It looks like they already routed1somewhere else via underground looks like I see a pipe clamp on the end of the one with a black pipe coming off it .The other one I see nothing so they may want to get that done also .I see that all the time then people wonder why there basement leaks .good catch

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We routed our using that 4 inch black drain piping. Worked great, just buried it until it we had it where we wanted it to come out.

Ask a Question