what filters do you suggest we use

Reaction score
okay here is a pic of some of the pond. As you can see we are still redoing some things. the other half of the pond is really in a disarray, so that pic will come later...
Thanks to everyone for their help.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 264
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
For a 15,000+ gallon pond your filtration is whofully inadequate I'm Afraid your best bet wold be to go to a koi dealership tell them your problem and get some serious filtration for the pond that way you wouldnt be having the problems your having now.
Personally I would have put two bottom drains in when you built it, sadly thats too late now unless you want to drain everything and start again adding the bottom drains then connecting them up to filters man enough to handle 15,000+ gallons.
Did you build it yourselves or did you get a pond builder in ?
We only run a small 1,000 gallon pond but it has the bottom drain and four filters that are overkill, you see our pond is a retro fitted former Koi Dealerships Quarentine pond capable of holding a huge number of koi.
Because my wife and I have disabilities and a lack of space to put in anything bigger 1,000 suites us just fine .
By the way a depth of three and a half inches is also the wrong depth to be keeping koi it is recomended a koi pond be between 4-5ft deep especially if you suffer harsh winters I take it however living in Texas you dont get them ?
You say 15,000+ gallons do you know exactly how much because the odd 15,000 + gallonage should be exact not give or take like you have, this comes in important when you need an exact messurement for treating the pond.

rgrds

Dave

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
only problem i see with that dave there are not many pond stores of any kind here that will give you the stuff you need and they will try to sell you everything under the sun also .I think his water looks pretty clear considering the work he has been doing .My other pond at the other house has only a 250 gallon stock tank and pond and fish are doing pretty good .Same filter system as the ones I have here lava rock and plants in the filter .They pond was not tended to for 4 years when I bought the property .So it looked bad and since there was no electric there there was no filter .I am guessing you have a bog like addy has and maybe all you need is what I put in and with the bog it should work .Plants are the best cleaners of all .

Ask a Question