IPA

Reaction score
63b Chesapeake-Pamlico Lowlands and Tidal Marshes
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I don't like that the guy threw them away to die :(
I am not sure how accurate this is but I believe they, the colony, can tolerate desiccation through cryptobiosis. While some members of the colony are not structured to do so they are all clones of a single member so it is a way to carry on the lineage in adverse conditions. Guessing the cyst can also survive and be passed, and transported, via being eaten kind of like a seed. It makes me wonder if in a sense, they are one the oldest living creatures on the planet.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a ish!
Country
United Kingdom
Very odd! They looked like a giant egg mass from some huge overgrown water snail! Wonder why the guys pitched them, not very environmentally friendly was it? As for those Koi, those were really nice. I'm off to see something equally odd in Australia very soon, the thrombolites and stromatolites of W.A. Can't wait.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Very odd! They looked like a giant egg mass from some huge overgrown water snail! Wonder why the guys pitched them, not very environmentally friendly was it? As for those Koi, those were really nice. I'm off to see something equally odd in Australia very soon, the thrombolites and stromatolites of W.A. Can't wait.
cool , bring some snaps videos for us )
koi is banned in aus except WA

Ask a Question