What product to add over concrete Koi pond?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Our pool company has built us a Koi pond in addition to our pool. We are not using a plastic liner. I have been trying to hunt down companies that will install polyurea coating over the concrete and have had no luck. What can I buy to roll on over the concrete to prepare the surface? Recommendations?

Located in Tampa Florida

Last edited:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
google pond coatings over cement that are fish safe .I saw several at different price points .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Our pool company has built us a Koi pond in addition to our pool. We are not using a plastic liner. I have been trying to hunt down companies that will install polyurea coating over the concrete and have had no luck. What can I buy to roll on over the concrete to prepare the surface? Recommendations?

Located in Tampa Florida
@TAHOE Here in the UK koi world they fibreglass concrete ponds , however if your coating it with epoxy providing everything is prepared first I cant see it being a problem

Dave

Reaction score
Gotcha. The pond shield website shows them using it over concrete so probably work on poster's pond.
I also saw on youtube a guy used Drylok Extreme on the inside of a DIY plywood tank and it has held up. That stuff is designed for exterior use so it may work too.....if you can get it over the pond.

Ask a Question