What to do when it freezes?

Reaction score
Re: What to do when it feezes?

Before and after, Takes me about 1 1/2 hours to cover all three. The green house in the center houses the air pump. Not to pretty but it sure makes spring start up a cleaner faster job. The fish come through lively and healthy as well.

Attachments

• DSCF0033.jpg
    DSCF0033.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 240
  • DSCF0014.jpg
    DSCF0014.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 237
Reaction score

Ihave no air pumps im planning to shut my big pump off and leave my little fountain pump on is that okay

Reaction score

so it is okay not run your filters all winter as long as you have a air pump then i guess with it being cold and them not eating it stays clean then. and clear.

Reaction score

That's the way it suppose to work. I cover mine to keep out the other stuff that can foul the water. Air pumps do not cause such a great water movement those keeping the super cold water at the top of the pond, less stressful on the fish.

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a

you got a nice pond pondlady

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a

roadking i dont have a pond that far north ,but you can see what pondlady does, the small pump will keep the water moving,and if you had a plastic tent it would keep it warmer ,and keep leaves out

Reaction score

The first few years I did not cover the ponds. WOW what a mess come spring. Seemed like every leaf in town blew in as well as dirt from next door. It has been a life saver for me and my wet pets.

Reaction score

Next year I want to cover the pond with plastic instead. Last year my net was a bit too small and what a mess. This year, I used a larger net and still stuff got in. Then I put the second smaller net over the larger one, it helps, but stuff still gets in. Unbelievable.

Reaction score

DrDave said:
You just removed all doubt. I didn't address it to you personally or your name would have been attached to the comment. I have no problem with that.

If you read my comment in the spirit that it was written, you would have known it was a general statement to everyone, because we get hundreds of questions from people all over the world that require geographical knowledge to answer. I have a life, I could easily avoid the dozens of hours I spend each week if this is the thanks I get.

If you want to get help on this Forum, I suggest you tone down your responses or at least read them and understand them before commenting.

Um then don't post i guess.

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score

I use the plastic fencing that Home Depot sells that is 36" wide. I frame it with 3/4" thinwall PVC so it floats on the water. It will keep the smallest leaves out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flintstone

Latest Threads