addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
My iris shoots are coming above the surface, pushed up through the ice layer. But that water is darn cold. The wind hit here also, a ton of leaves hit my pond, more than hit it last fall. I was out netting them trying to keep some from sinking.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
My Iris are coming up from the rocks around the ledge under water too and it looks like summer out there w/ that sun shining so brightly. All the little Spring bulbs are poking up too
springflower9.gif

Reaction score
The water is 49* today:sun_smiley: I cleaned some more leaves out and I "woke up" my frog. I hope I didn't disturb him too much. My fish seem to have grown, my frog looks bigger, and I saw one of my baby fish. This is pretty cool. I'll try to finish cleaning tomorrow.
Please don't snow again.

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I know what you mean Mike. Water temps in the upper 40s here so I have restarted my pumps and am working at cleaning the filter media.( Let it stay in the filters all winter dirty)
One large koi is out but no sign of life in the old pond. Pulled a 2 year old scaleless fish out last week & put her in quarintine. Red fins and tail, hopefully just stressed from the crazy weather.

Ask a Question